Sunday, July 7, 2013

4 weeks old and trying to enjoy our chicks

Chicks grow fast.
And we are trying to enjoy them.
We are in the process of building a safer run (hardware cloth on all sides, bottom and top)...so for now we are enjoying them in the house (I know, I know, it's gross). I often am cleaning up chicken poo and washing my hands a million times a day. But when the kids have them out they are happy. It's worth all the lysol and paper towels.


We like to hold chicks first thing in the morning!

Rocky's close up

Blanca enjoys getting her picture taken a little too much ;)

 I have to talk N into spending time with the chicks. He still misses Zacky. I ask him if he wants to hold the chicks and he will say "nah"...but with a little gentle encouragement, he is back to holding them occastionally. He has been helping Dad build the run...he enjoys hammers and spending time with Dad, so I hope that is helping him get through this tough time. 

Stu-E did good for his close-up!

and Stu-E is getting some color on his wings!
Blackout is getting red feathers on her chest

we visited the coop (it's almost done!!!) I will have more pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment